Friday, July 13, 2012

"Nailed It"

I heart Pinterest! And I always LOL when I see pins about projects/recipes gone wrong. Sad, but hillarious.

 Well, one went wrong for me on the 4th of July, and I was super dissapointed. (I even cried over it, but I think that part was mostly hormonal.)

So I re-pinned this scrumptious-looking recipe for Ding Dong Cake, and decided to make it as my son's birthday cake on the 4th of July. Beautiful, right?

...Not so much when I was done. Heres mine. I'm not sure what went wrong. But I think I may have whipped the filling for way too long, because it just didn't spread on the cake right, and the cake shifted on the way to my parents'. Maybe the cake needed to be cold before filling and icing it. It tasted yummy, but it certainly wasn't very pretty!

I guess I get to add my own "Nailed it" pic to the Pinterest world. And here it is...


In fact, I found a cool blog (through Pinterest) called Pintrosity, that is hillarious; but its also very helpful! They help detect the problems so we can fix them. Love it!!

So I may be sending this picture over. It was definately a "PINTROSITY"! haha
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Do send it on over! We'd love to feature this on our site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks that your cake didn't look nice, at least for the presentation and happy birthday song LOL It probably would help if the cake had cooled before frosting it. If you put the frosting in between layers when it's warm it will warm up the frosting, making the cake layers slide :0( Also the frosting, if the frosting is too runny (IDK what word to use, but you get the idea) that will also make the cake layers slide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! You are such a fabulous mom, Angela and I'm sure it tasted wonderful. Sometimes, I wonder how people really pull of all the amazing food things I see on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 7 Point Naturals Coupon is a great chance for people who want to buy premium CBD products at a lower price. These coupons are like keys that open doors to savings and exclusive offers when you shop from 7 Point Naturals, which is a well-known brand for its high-quality CBD oils, tinctures, and wellness products.

    Customers can use 7 point naturals coupon at checkout to get discounts on prices, percentages off or even special privileges with their CBD purchases. These codes are usually given out through 7 Point Naturals’ marketing campaigns, newsletters or affiliate sites they partner with.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails