Thursday, May 24, 2012

Bread in the Bag

I did the greatest activity today in Science with my daughter Aulina. We made Bread in a Bag(ziplock).
It was so easy. I might be able to take a break for a week and let her make the bread for our family.
I came home and recreated it for you to see(since I forgot the camera) what we did.
How To:
In the Gallon Ziplock put the DRY ingredients.
2 cups white flour(but wheat or bread flour will work also)
1 envelope of yeast
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. sugar
Close bag and shake for about a minute.
Add WET ingredients.
1 TBL. oil
3/4 cup HOT water
Mix well in bag for 2 minutes. If you can turn the bag upside down and the dough will fall to the "bottom" then it is ready to take out.
Put the dough onto a floured counter top.
With floured hands knead for a couple of minutes.
 Cover it with the used gallon zip lock bag & let rest for 5 minutes.
I cut the dough into 2 pieces to fit into the 3x5 loaf pans.
 I let it rise for a couple of hours (until double in size). Bake it at 350 for 15-18 minutes.

The Science teacher is going to bake all the bread loaves at the school. Aulina will get to bring hers home tomorrow.
Pin It Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails