Friday, November 18, 2011

Tom Turkey Brooch


I love brooches. It seems they are becoming more popular-the flower ones anyways. I made this one to wear on Thanksgiving Day.
My How To:


1-I cut 2 strips of fabric from dark brown fabric to coil into rosettes (this is a great tutorial on that). For the body I cut 1 at 43"x1" & for the head I cut 1 at 23"x1". For the "feathers" I cut 1 at 2"x6", 2 1/4"x6", 2 1/2"x6".


2-Layer the "feather" fabric together and run a gathering stitch along the bottom.


3-Pull tight and tie a knot.


4-Fray the edges by pulling on the strings.


5-Cut slits.


6-Use the fabric rosettes & adhere the "body" to the wooden disc.


7-Attach the head to the body, then add eyes(black rhinestone), beak(scrapbooking paper clips), & the red gobble thing(extra fabric).


8-Glue on a pin attachment to the back.




Here is another one I made with different fabric and I changed the rhinestones eyes to smaller ones-looks better
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. He is so stinkin' cute!!! I love it!! What a fun thing. . .I should make little ones up for my girls! Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You want a massage but you have to change clothes and go out. You need to put on makeup and drive to a distant shop. You just want a massage to relax, but you are so tired before you leave. If you want to massage at home, the NIKSA foot massage spais a good choice. Just add water, turn on the work button, and wait for the water to reach the right temperature to enjoy your private massage time.NIKSA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails