Tuesday, August 17, 2010

{Bedtime} Passes

Now that school has started we are back to doing all the routines. This is one of our families "must do". {Plus it keeps mom sane!}

I started this tradition about 1 1/2 years ago for Bedtime and it has worked like a charm. Each night our children have the opportunity to use their Bedtime Pass. After we tuck them in for the night it never fails, there's always one last thing they have to do. {I read that many children do this and need this opportunity}.

The pass can be used to get a drink, tell us something, a trip to the bathroom or whatever they need to do. But they only have 1/2 hour to use it. [I try not to limit the "going potty" trips because I don't want them to feel like they have to "hold it" all night long.]


I copied the free pattern (you leave an opening or not depending on the type of door knob you have)& traced it onto beadboard to cut out with my scroll saw. If you don't have a saw, they have many of these wooden door hangers at the dollar store or craft store.


I used acrylic paint for the little grooves. Then sanded it and sprayed it with clear protective spray.


I put the wording in vinyl but you could easily use stickers or rub-ons.


Embellish with ribbon and a letter accent.


Hang on the back of the door when not in use. (They bring it to me when they use it and I return it when I go to bed).


Just another great parent tool! Pin It

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails