Thursday, May 20, 2010

Personalized {MOM} Keychain Charm


I adore things personalized. Even my keys. I think this charm will fit perfectly!


1-Get 2 different sized metal washers (mine were 1 3/8" & 1 3/4" found at Home Depot or Lowe's: screw aisle). I love that these washers fit through my clip ring. I will either clip it onto my purse or pants(I know this might remind you of the janitor but when your hands are full it works!)


2-Stamp (really hard a couple of times) letters into the washer. I got my stamp set for $5.00 on sale.


3-Wrap your desired choice of 3/8" ribbon (5/8" buckled when I tried it-too big)


4-Glue (using E-6000) the top washer to the bottom washer.


5-the back . . .


6-the front. . .

These would be great teacher or birthday gifts. I'm so excited to make some for the girls' backpacks. Since the spelling of their name is not very common.


What type of charms do you add to your keychain? Pin It

4 comments:

  1. That is a really cute idea. Awesome deal on your stamper. I would love to find a deal like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cute idea! what size stamps do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much & the size stamps I have are 1/8".

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this idea! I have been trying to find metal washers that big and haven't had any luck. Where did you find the metal washers?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails