Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tuesday Tutorial- Terryaki Burgers

My baby brother Aaron makes the biggest, best, juiciest hamburgers ever. I asked him to show me how last week since he was over watching our Boise State football game a couple weeks ago. He uses soy sauce (a whole bottle- not pictured), and adds some sesame seed oil, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic powder, and brown sugar (not pictured)- all to taste. (You'll have to just wing it, I guess until it's right.)


You can do just a small amount of brown sugar and use sweetener if you want, to keep the sugar calories down a little.

Then you crush Triscuits (reduced fat/low sodium) and add them to the soy mixture along with the ground beef. Mix with hands like you would with meat loaf.

Now you can throw those puppies on the grill after you've formed them into thick patties.
Time to enjoy your burger, that is IF you can get your mouth around it! My mouth is watering just looking at these pictures! Thanks Aaron!

Oh, I love my hamburgers the most on homemade buns!!

Here's my recipe:
Homemade Hamburger Buns
4 c flour
2 T yeast
2 c warm water
3/4 c oil
3 eggs (beaten 3 min high speed)
1/2 c sugar
1 T salt
4 c flour again
Sticky dough- Knead till smooth. Let rise till double, punch down. Rest 5 min. Form hamburger or hotdog buns. Let rise. Bake at 375 for 10 min.
(Sorry... this is directly from my mom's recipe card from years ago, so I'm sorry the directions aren't more detailed. If you have any questions, just email me at thecreativehomemaker@gmail.com I've made these many times.)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails