Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Being Prepared for {Mealtime}


After this & this attempt of getting mealtime organized last year, I'm hoping this 3rd idea will be a "charm". Now that things have changed in our lives (yet again) I'm trying to make adjustments to be Prepared for Mealtime as well.


I got a binder & used these tabs I already had. I just altered them with numbers 1-31 for each day of the month. I wanted them separate so in each tab I could add[Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner/Dessert] Recipes.


I then copied recipes from cookbooks and magazines to put in each day. (Thanks Fabi for this idea!) And labeled (You could just write the name of each meal but I thought it would be easier to put a sticker on. I did 1/2 circle stickers because I love to color code anything - green=breakfast, yellow=lunch, red=dinner, blue=dessert)them for each meal. It will be great to take a couple of days at the begining of the month to prepare & then go shopping 4 times during the month(I think Saturday night is perfect!). I'm hoping this will help in the "food going bad" department.


I printed off a calendar & labeled each day of the week a type of dinner.

Sunday: Crockpot Meals
Monday: Freezer Meals
Tuesday: "S" Meals
(soups/salads/sandwiches)
Wednesday:Anything Goes
(casseroles/meats with side dishes...)
Thursday: Family "Favorites" Meals
(meals our kids ask for frequently when I didn't have anything prepared)
Friday: Finger Food Meals
(foods on sticks/burritos/pizza/nachos/fries/nuggets...)
Saturday: Leftovers
{Desserts are filtered in throughout the month}

I'm excited that for 5 days a week we will be able to try new recipes. If our family ends up liking the recipe I can just add it to our "Favorites" Recipe Binder.

UPDATE(1/11/11): I have been doing this now for one week and finally I have a system that works for me-it is Heaven!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. seems like a great plan- keep us posted on how it works out. I am considering planning lunches, but not sure about it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristy-its already been a couple of days and I am in Heaven. I have all the ingredients, the binder sits on my counter & all I have to do is mix the ingredients together and put it in the oven. This has saved me so much time already. I'm so keeping this system!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails