Tuesday, September 7, 2010

{Penny} Ring


As I was searching thru all our pennies the other day for Aulina's Memory Book, I had the thought: why not turn one into a Ring(another one to add to the collection). So I found the year I was born(?) and cleaned it up(vinegar & salt for about 5 to 6 mins).


This my version but I did find this one that was pretty neat.

1-I bought the ring at Hobby Lobby for 1/2 price(only$0.92).


2-I love flowers(since that is what my name means) so to make the flower, start by cutting strips of your favorite color of fabric(ideal with is between 1/4" & 1/2").


3-Ruff them up with the edge of the scissor blade.


4-Then cut craft wire(black 26 gauge) into lengths of 3 1/2".


5-Start winding the fabric strip around wire and secure at ends with hot glue.


6-Paint the wooden disc. Glue {using E6000}the wire petals to the wooden disc, then a button then the penny. I held it all together with my wood clamp.

Fold the petals into the middle. Then glue(with E6000) whole piece to the ring base.



If the other one was too much you could do a simplified version, like the ones I did for my girls.


I was also able to turn my polished rock(from OR coast) into a ring.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails