Thursday, May 27, 2010

Straw/RaspBerry {Jam}

I got a great deal at Costco on some fruit yesterday & our Freezer Jam is getting low so I decided to make some jam today. Growing up my mom made this every year & I have followed in her footsteps. I only buy store bought jam for sauces on meats(mix with mayo & dijon mustard-yummy!) but for toast,pancakes,waffles,etc. this is the only way to eat it.

1-Wash & then mash up all the fruit (I pulse it in the food processor for a bit-we don't like it chunky)


2-Put 6 3/4 cups of sugar(I know that's alot, may that's why its so GOOD!). . .


3-2 cups raspberries. . .


4-1 1/2 cups strawberries. . .


5-Mix all together & let it sit for 10 minutes.


6-Using this pectin . . .


7-Boil 3/4 cup water, put pectin in & boil for 1 minute(constantly).


8-Pour boiling pectin in the fruit/sugar mixture & stir for 3 minutes.


9-Pour into washed containers & let sit for 24 hours before putting it into the freezer. I'm able to get 5(2 cup) ziplock containers full.
TIP: It will not look like a solid when frozen or in frig-its supposed to be a little running. Its better this way!


Now you have a good supply of freezer jam. Yepee! Pin It

3 comments:

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails