Tuesday, March 8, 2011

{Fast Sunday} Reminder

This last Sunday it occured to me that our children need a friendly reminder that it is Fast Sunday[I know this post comes after the fact but hopefully it'll come in handy for future Fast Sundays!]. It is a challenge even for me but it does draw us closer to our Father in Heaven. And because of that reason, its all worth it!



So I decided to make a "poster" to hang up on the pantry & frig door as a reminder. Its a reminder that also answers the questions of why we fast. I found pictures here to use.


Here is a close up view.

Printable is here (without the copyrighted photo though).

I'm so excited to use these next month!

We are so LUCKY to have opportunities to draw us closer to our Heavenly Father & Savior.

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Are children in your faith required to fast? I am Catholic, and tomorrow is a day of fasting for us (Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent), but children and elderly are exempted, so I'm just curious. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful reminder!
    @Sheila everyone who can fast should fast. Of course youngsters, pregnant, nursing, sick and elderly need to be more aware of their needs but can still participate as much as possible. (for example having a piece of toast and a sip of juice instead of their normal large breakfast.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather,
    Once again...you are amazing! I love this and what a great reminder for us too! Thanks for sharing your special talents with us
    hugs
    tricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comments ladies. Shelia- I think Lori said it perfectly. I think I would add that it prepares the children as they get older. They will come to understand that their spirits have a greater strength than that of their physical bodies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather, my 10-year-old has actually opted to fast this year, and I definitely agree that it is good that she has chosen to do this. It is good for me to do this! We are to abstain from meat also, a requirement also exempted from the young, old and pregnant. I have always felt that there was no reason that my kids couldn't do that, no matter what their age. I just wondered because you specifically mentioned that you were doing this as a reminder to your children. It made me curious. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheila, The reason for the reminder is that "Fast Sunday" is the first Sunday of each month in which we fast then at church we have a testimony meeting. We can fast at other times if need be. That first of the month sometimes slips our kids' minds(even if I mention it).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails