Monday, May 10, 2010

My {MOM} Book


I am so excited to share this book with you all. Even though my children gave me wonderful gifts for Mother's Day I still wanted to make this {MOM} Book for myself. I felt creative this weekend. (Sorry I didn't get it posted before Mother's Day)I found some mother interview questions from Stacy Julian that she had asked her kids so I decided it would be fun to get my kids' views about me (I will post the questions at the bottom of this post). But I needed a place to put them along with some pictures. I had some old books from the second hand store and knew if I altered it, it could work. FYI: I LOVE Books. They give you adventures that you don't always take in real life. I did feel a little bad ripping out pages. But with how cute it turned, I've changed my mind. For this project I love that this was already bound. One less step for me! {My 7 yr old loved mine so much she made one for herself-too cute!}


1-I put these clips on the pages to divide it into 5 sections.


2-The first section is for the flower. Cut thru some pages with an exacto knife and start ripping a circle. A few pages at a time so you can get the circle layered look.


3-Finished layered circle. I left a couple of pages whole so I could stick the brad thru the flower and into the paper to attach it.



4-In each "section" rip pages out. I didn't do a whole pages at once so you have a gapping hole. I did a few then skipped a page or two and ripped out maybe one-just randomly rip. This is needed so when you add pictures its not so bulky. You can always rip more later if there's still too many pages.


5-Front inside cover.(Do you notice the title of the book? Too fitting!)





6-Each child's section front page. Numbered by the order of oldest to youngest(the next page is the question page but due to my printer not working at the moment I'll have to post that later)I love how my sister captured us-my heart melts when I stare at these!


7-I put these metal tabs to divide where each child was.



8-After I did the pictures I filled the other pages with: stories, poems, quotes, sayings, magazine clippings & comics. I haven't filled all the pages YET but I will. I'm so excited to fill it with meaningfull things that remind me about being a mom.

9-Back of the inside cover.

Questions:
*What is something mom always says to you?
*What makes mom happy?
*What makes mom sad?
*How does mom make you laugh?
*What was mom like as a child?
*How old is your mom?
*How tall is your mom?
*What is her favorite thing to do?
*What does your mom do when you're not around?
*If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
*What is your mom really good at?
*What is your mom not very good at?
*What does your mom do for her job?
*What is your mom's favorite food?
*What makes you proud of your mom?
*If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
*What do you & your mom do together?
*How are you & your mom the same?
*How are you & your mom different?
*How do you know your mom loves you?

I am going to keep this treasure in a place where I can look [& add] to it often whether its a GOOD or BAD day. What do your kids think about you? Have fun in finding out!

Pin It

12 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! What a fantastic idea and a beautiful keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute book! i printed off the questions and will ask my kids. it will be funny to hear their response. thanks for your cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable Mom book, certainly to become a treasured keepsake!!

    Great crafty ideas here on your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable Mom book, certainly to become a treasured keepsake!!

    Great crafty ideas here on your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see it in person! Next year, I want one for ME (hint hint hint)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! You are seriously the most creative person ever - love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! I LOVE it!! I wish I was talented enough to do something like that!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome! Can I hire you to make one for me? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOw! u r amazing! So glad I found your blog/site via your sister through CM! Fun fun ideas! Now I just need more hours in a day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the awesome comments! WOW!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails