Tuesday, April 20, 2010

{Garden/Canning} Notebook


I finally have a place to put all my notes for my Garden and Summer Canning(a simple photo book from Walmart for $1.00). We planted our garden yesterday. I'm so glad we got it done before all the rain comes that is expected this week. The kids had so much fun! And today they are even checking to see if anything grew overnight.


1-Inside cover: One of my favorite quotes about food prepardness "The revelation to produce and store food may be as essential to our temporal welfare today as boarding the ark was to the people of Noah".


2-My diagram(great to have just in case the name stakes get pulled out) and a list of what we planted. I also just used stickers cut in half to label the year.


3-Thoughts about what worked and didn't.


4-My Canning notes: what we did, how many containers or cans and the cost of the items.


5-Our garden boxes(3'x8' pretreated wood).


6-Just in case you wanted to know how we water the fruits of our labors. From one of the sprinkler heads we connected a hose for the garden. then did "T's" and in each box we followed the outline of the box with the tubing.


7-Name stakes. I was going to use wooden craft sticks but found these at Michael's in the clearance for only .50. What a bargain.

I'm going to keep my unused seeds using this suggestion & this other suggestion.

Happing Gardening or Canning! Pin It

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails