Friday, April 16, 2010

{Baby/Wedding} Gift Idea


I love having simple gift ideas for baby showers or wedding presents. Its always nice when you can personalize it. This gift idea is just that.


1-Cut a piece of beadboard (mine is 11 1/2x16). Then sand it(I love it was already painted, even if it really is just primer!). Drill holes at the top and then stain the wooden letter (I did dark walnut-LOVE this color).


FLOWER:(I saw this flower on a gift card)

1-Cut circles from scrapbook paper (mine ranged from 1 3/4" x 4 1/4" using the coluzzle cutter)


2-Sew a "+".


3-Sew another "+" in the other direction.


4- I just free handed cutting the petals, starting at the edge and going into the middle.


5-Finished flower.


6-I added this paper flower to my other fabric flower(posted on Saturday ) and tied it all together with buttons.


7-Glue wooden letter onto board and then glue flower onto letter. Finish it off with ribbon to hang.
Pin It

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails