Friday, June 8, 2012

My New Temple Dress

I want to show you my new 3-piece temple dress that I put together for only $10!

The background story:
I own 2 other temple dresses that are too small for me with all the weight I've gained over the years since before I left for my full-time mission. They are an adjustable size small/medium and a size large, (both homemade). Well, I've gained so much weight that I've been renting a dress from the temple every time I go. I got tired of renting a dress, plus you can't rent temple clothing at most temples now. So I decided it was time to get a new dress, but I didn't wanted it to be pretty and comfy without having to spend a lot of money.

What I did:
I was at Ross one day and saw some long, white summer skirts on the rack. At that moment I decided that my temple dress would be a skirt and top instead of a dress. It took me several trips to Ross, Burlington Coat Factory, other discount stores, and different thrift stores. (I would always just keep my eyes peeled for the perfect "white" pieces.)

Where I got my 3 piece temple dress:
I got the white skirt at the Good Will for $3 because it was half-off.
I got the white (knit) shirt many months later, also at the Good Will for $1 (half-off).
I got the lace-collared top at Burling Coat Factory just last weekend to complete the outfit, at the cost of $5.99. *This top was not gathered at the bottom when I bought it. It was really loose and unflattering, so I added elastic around the bottom hem to give it a more finished look.

Goal accomplished! Cute, comfy and inexpensive!! Pin It

5 comments:

  1. It looks lovely and you can't get better deals than that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work. I love a bargain and it all looks great together. Hope you feel great in it too. Important to be comfortable in the temple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful dress and, although I come from a different denomination, I always love a good bargain and a modest design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I could do this I would love the temple even more!! I had no idea that you would do something like that to have a temple dress- thought it had to come from Distribution Center.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I could do this I would love the temple even more!! I had no idea that you would do something like that to have a temple dress- thought it had to come from Distribution Center.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails