Friday, June 8, 2012

My New Temple Dress

I want to show you my new 3-piece temple dress that I put together for only $10!

The background story:
I own 2 other temple dresses that are too small for me with all the weight I've gained over the years since before I left for my full-time mission. They are an adjustable size small/medium and a size large, (both homemade). Well, I've gained so much weight that I've been renting a dress from the temple every time I go. I got tired of renting a dress, plus you can't rent temple clothing at most temples now. So I decided it was time to get a new dress, but I didn't wanted it to be pretty and comfy without having to spend a lot of money.

What I did:
I was at Ross one day and saw some long, white summer skirts on the rack. At that moment I decided that my temple dress would be a skirt and top instead of a dress. It took me several trips to Ross, Burlington Coat Factory, other discount stores, and different thrift stores. (I would always just keep my eyes peeled for the perfect "white" pieces.)

Where I got my 3 piece temple dress:
I got the white skirt at the Good Will for $3 because it was half-off.
I got the white (knit) shirt many months later, also at the Good Will for $1 (half-off).
I got the lace-collared top at Burling Coat Factory just last weekend to complete the outfit, at the cost of $5.99. *This top was not gathered at the bottom when I bought it. It was really loose and unflattering, so I added elastic around the bottom hem to give it a more finished look.

Goal accomplished! Cute, comfy and inexpensive!! Pin It

7 comments:

  1. It looks lovely and you can't get better deals than that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work. I love a bargain and it all looks great together. Hope you feel great in it too. Important to be comfortable in the temple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful dress and, although I come from a different denomination, I always love a good bargain and a modest design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I could do this I would love the temple even more!! I had no idea that you would do something like that to have a temple dress- thought it had to come from Distribution Center.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I could do this I would love the temple even more!! I had no idea that you would do something like that to have a temple dress- thought it had to come from Distribution Center.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! I love it! Just so you know, even temples that don't rent have clothes available for those who need them, like for people who are traveling and didn't bring any of their temple clothes with them (white clothing or ceremonial pieces). They aren't rented -- just borrowed. We've done that many times at different temples as we've traveled.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails