Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Valentine Countdown {#1}


Our kids love Countdowns.
When I found this inspiration & decided to make my own version, I was so excited to make it(and blog it).

With some leftover wood I had, I started with a board that measures 7 "x 11"x 1 1/2". I drilled 14 holes using a 1" wood boring bit. The washer helped as a guide for the hole placement.


I used a dremel to carve the numbers using the vinyl negative.


I painted the wood red then pink. After it was dry, I sanded the whole piece.


I had to paint the numbers brown (the carved #'s didn't work as well as they did in my head). Then on the sticker I added dimension with Glossy Accents.


If you don't want to see the drilled holes you could punch out 1" circles and attach them with glue dots. [I did brown paper for the chocolates that will go there]



These are the ones I did for the kids with vinyl #'s. The pink ones are for the girls and the red one is for our little man. You can buy the vinyl numbers here.


Fill the holes with Hershey kisses/hugs candies.


They get to eat a candy Kiss/Hug as they Countdown the days!

Pin It
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Judging by your "O's" your creative mind is drooling-yeah me! Have fun making one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this article. It's very informative and interesting about Valentine's Day's countdown. I just want to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and knowledge on this topic. I appreciate your creative homemakers, who are amazing. Now it's time to get iphone screen repair baltimore/ for more information.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails