Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ang's Birthday Wreath II


And here is my new BIRTHDAY WREATH! I've had the stuff to do this one for YEARS!! But I just never got around to it. I'm actually glad for that, because my friend Cami H, just made hers recently and used a STYRAFOAM wreath for hers (instead of straw). I found this wreath at Hobby Lobby...


Same instructions that Heather gave, using the floral pins (100 ct for $1 at Walmart), curly ribbon, and tons of balloons- (about 200+)
* While shopping around looking for the best deal on balloons, I finally came across (in Boise, ID anyway) packages of 25 same-color balloons for $1 at Honks dollar store (better deal than Zurchers!). They had lots of different colors to choose from. And this way you can control the variety of the different colors! *


I found this cute "Happy Birthday" sign in the scrapbook section of Hobby Lobby, added some Glamour Dust (any craft store) and mounted it on red cardstock. (Then I glued & taped a couple of floral pins onto the back of the sign to stick onto the wreath.


I also hot-glued a little silver clip so I can attach the birthday child's name. (Also found at Hobby Lobby- cute gift tags in the birthday section.)

Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Super cute! I love all the colors! Very creative. Thanks for sharing...love your blog!
    www.karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. so, so , so cute! Thanks for yet another great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute!!!! I saw this for the first time the other day and I'm def going to make this! Your birthday wreath is adorable!! Love the colors! Can't wait to make it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! it is super cute! I love wreaths and think a door should have one for all kinds of events: easter, thanksgiving, the 4th of july, etc! They are just so cute and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies. This was such fun to make, and super easy! I like this one so much better than my old one. So glad I finally got it done! Whew.
    HomespunDiva- I agree. I love door stuff, especially wreaths. I have different ones that I switch out for different seasons, and you've inspired me to share them on the blog! On non-holiday months I have a hanging vase that I use instead of a wreath. I'll post it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. MOMtrepreneur Crafter of the Day:
    Make a wreath with balloons

    http://barbarasbeat.blogspot.com/2011/04/momtrepreneur-crafter-of-day-make.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just made this wreath using the styrofoam wreath & LOVE(D) it. Minutes after finishing it I dropped it & the stryofoam busted apart. It is now in 4 pieces! :( I'm going to try to liquid nails it back together. If I have to remake it I'm going to us the straw one. Thanks for the idea, it really is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you know what size balloons you used? I was trying to find some online and came across a great deal for 5" balloons, but was thinking that may be too small.
    Thanks! LOVE your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have seen a lot of the Birthday wreaths. By far this is the BEST and most festive one that I have seen! What size wreath did you use? I am going to make one for my family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved this and I love how mine turned out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails