Saturday, May 1, 2010

Reinvented Apron


We have a Concession Business (Crepes among other things) and today we went to the Farmer's Market downtown Boise. My husband is the one who makes the Crepes, I just ask customers what they would like to order. I just had to share the cute {reinvented} Apron I made to wear.


1-I took a woman's dress jumper and a kids skirt.


2- Cut the jumper up each side so you can use the front panel.


3-Cut the front and use the top half.


4-Cut the skirt apart(in back).


5-Sew on a pocket. I like ruffed up edges so I did a "backwards" pocket.


6-Thread a ribbon thru the belt loops and sew on.


7-Put beads at the end of the ribbon and tie off.


8-Stitch around whole thing so it looks like it was meant to be.

For around the neck:

9-Cut a piece of fabric (2 strips) longer than a piece of elastic.


10-Pull the fabric tight as you stitch.


11-Magic! A gathered elastic neckstrap.


12-Tie a knot thru the button holes. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails