Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tuesday Tute- Glass Ball Ornaments


I love clear glass ornaments. There are endless possibilities for easy crafts with these suckers. Above is one with a picture of my late mother-in-law. (My husband's aunt had made these for him and his sisters the Christmas after his mom passed away.)
These are some other ones that I have gotten. They are made with transparencies.
All you do is photocopy an image onto tranparencies (at an office store, using the photo setting). Black-n-white sketches are best on transparencies. (Colored photos are best on paper, or you can't really see them very well.)

Then you use a circle cutter and template (like this one above) and cut out the image. Then roll it up and feed it through the hole on top of the ornament. Put the lid back on the ornament and tie on some ribbon or whatever. You can also put confetti inside, like in the picture.
For images, I like the clear glass ornaments that are slightly flat, like the one in the last picture. You can find those at any craft store.

Here is an "I Spy" one.

The only thing is that you have to glue down some of the ribbon to close off the hole on the top, or all the stuff will come out.

For more clever ideas for glass ornaments, I found some on Bizzy Bee Creations, Alpha Mom via Skip to My Lou and It's All in My Head. The possibilities are endless! Be creative! Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Love your image of Jesus, it is so simple in a glass ball looks really classic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails